Monday, November 5, 2007

Blogging for the first time!

Oh,God! I just can't believe it.I thought blogging is related to great people with great ideas.Now I came to know any layman who has got a little knowledge & access to internet,some precious time & fearlessness to click here & there in whichever site they find while googling has the 'right' to blog (like the "Mida's Touch" or like "Every ...... has a day"). :)


Some of my friends had asked me whether I know how to create own blog.I'll tell u how I got it done.I had created gmail id already for easy access to orkut & gtalk chats.When my employer asked me to create a blog site for our company's use,I referred to various blog sites & found out the difference between blogs & forums.The main difference I found out is that while in blog one person 'talks' & others have to 'listen' ,in forums all posts r equally dominant.:)



Oh,Sorry. I deviated from what I was telling.Thus while I was searching,I was able to see only topics ,archives,recent posts,comments etc. links but not getting from where these people start blogging & its procedure(whether we'll have to pay or not etc).No payment,nothing(I hope so ;-) 'coz I've not yet posted this first one!)


Then I asked one of my good ex-co-workers who has helped me a lot in programming using PHP ,gave me this url: www.blogger.com. If u have a gmail id u can directly sign in or else create one & then provide details like Blog title & url & choose a blog template.That's all.Click 'continue' button & u can see 'blog created' message. Now start creating ur first post like this by clicking'New post' link on the right corner & start another 'one man show'.All the best!

Don't forget to comment on my posts.

1 comment:

Visakh said...

your blog is good..its a good timepass...